You may have spent your summers working on a perfect golden tan, and as the years pass, are seeing the consequences. Sun spots can appear on your face, hands, shoulders, back, or feet as we age and can make the skin look dry and crepey.
What is sun damage?
Research has found that 80 percent of skin aging is the direct result of exposure to UV rays. Without safe sun exposure and adequate sunblock, the melatonin in the outer layer of the skin gets broken down and skin elasticity is reduced as a result.
The more UV rays that enter the skin, the less elastic it becomes and the skin starts to get thicker, leathery, or crepey. The melanocytes (pigmented skin cells) multiply, causing sun spots, age spots, and freckles. At Aesthera, we can remove unsightly brown spots and restore a plumper, more supple quality to your skin.
What we do
At Aesthera, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of personal service, care, and results. Our treatments take place at our state-of-the-art office. We believe the highest level of medical excellence is fundamental to our superior results. The treatments we offer for sun damage vary depending on the level of sun damage to your skin and may include one or more of the following:
- VI Peels: This peel is a top-performer and surprisingly gentle. It is the only chemical peel that is safe for use under the eyes.
- BOTOX®, Dysport®, Xeomin®: These injectable neuromodulators block the signals that go to your nerves to smooth the wrinkles, lines, and creases associated with sun-damaged skin.
- HydraFacial: This gentle facial performs a deep cleanse, exfoliation, extraction, and super-hydration, along with an infusion of specialized skin-restoring serums.
- ZO Skin Health: The serums and lotions are considered the gold-standard in treating and protecting sun-damaged skin.
- Lumecca IPL: This treatment targets skin pigmentation issues and helps these areas of discoloration to flake off and even out the skin tone of the face.
- Clear + Brilliant Laser: The Clear + Brilliant laser is effective in targeting the upper layers of the skin to replace damaged skin with healthier skin.
Why should I choose Aesthera in Pismo Beach for sun-damaged skin?
Our team of medical professionals and skin specialists at Aesthera are dedicated to providing you with superior care, supported by medical knowledge and experience. We are each dedicated to helping you look and feel your best. Our Pismo Beach office is a safe, relaxed environment where we can help you look better, feel better, and live better.