Types of acne scars
The type of scars your skin develops can vary, based on the form of acne you experienced. The five types of acne scars in San Luis Obispo are:
- Hyperpigmentation: The skin tone has changed in the area affected, looking reddened or darker.
- Keloids: Discolored, bumpy skin can appear when the body produces more cells than it needs to heal a blemish.
- Icepick scars: These scars are almost impossible to hide, as they look like tiny punctures in your skin. These appear most often in people who have experienced cystic acne.
- Rolling scars: The skin has taken on a wavy, uneven texture. These scars are most common in people who have struggled with long-term acne breakouts.
- Boxcar scars: These scars are shallow with defined edges, pulling the damaged area downwards, creating a visible depression.